Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A 10 Year Quest is Coming to an End with these Broomsticks


About 10 years ago I was at a show and the drummer was playing with these fat, natural grass broom looking sticks. I was enthralled and proceeded to try and find them. To no avail. I just figured he made them himself as percussionists are wont to do.

Last week Len Sweet posted a video of Sarah Macintosh's song Current. Fun instrumentation.

Lo and behold, one of the percussionists had my long sought after broomsticks!

After a cursory search of the world wide interwebs I found...nothing.

So I emailed my "sales engineer" at Sweetwater and he came through! They are on order and ought to arrive sometime this week.

"I don't want to work. I just want to bang on my drum all day."

No comments:

Post a Comment