Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Frisbee God's Favorite Sport from Stuff Christians Like

So I'm REALLY enjoying the Stuff Christians Like Blog. Check this entry:

I can't prove this, but I think Christians might be better at frisbee than non-Christians. I know that doesn't sound very scientific, but it feels right. Roughly 94% of the Christians I know can really throw the Frisbee well. They're good at ultimate frisbee, can play disc golf, and can even throw a pretty accurate flick or sidearm if you will. The Christians that can't throw the frisbee? Probably backsliding.

I like to imagine Jesus and the disciples out on the shores of the Galilee playing a game of ultimate frisbee. Robes would be flying, beards flapping in the wind majestically as they all laughed and played like that volleyball scene from the movie Top Gun. Of course, Jesus had to play using "human rules." He couldn't have his throws go farther using the holy spirit or walk on water to catch an errant pass. As the "Sons of Thunder," James and Jon would probably be body checking everyone and of course Judas would be calling hand fouls left and right.

You've had that same thought too right? I'm not the only one am I? Maybe I'm weird.
Awesome. Mostly because I love Frisbee.

No comments:

Post a Comment