Friday, April 6, 2007

Recent Ingestion

Here's a wrap up of some stuff I've been feasting on recently.

Andrew Bird ~ Armchair Apocrypha

Grade: B+
Comments: I've heard that the only negative about this album is that it doesn't hold up to the previous two. I might agree with that, maybe. However...Dosh's contribution to the record cannot be overstated, in my opinion, Bird continues to develop great arrangements, unique instrumentation and takes listeners on a musical journey. I can't get enough of the tune "Plasticities." I would say this is absolutely, 100% worth the purchase & pick up Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs while you're at if you don't have it already.



The Arcade Fire ~ Neon Bible

Grade: A
Comments: As I mentioned yesterday in my post, this album is fantastic. I'm not ready to give them an A+ and knight them as the best band in the world, but they're great. This album is terrific. Wall of sound, great music, lyrics are solid. And, I mean, they use a pipe organ with all the stops pulled on one of the tracks. Some of the melodies and
beats are reminscient of 60s era pop but with a killer update. This album is a must have, in my opinion.


The Last Eyewitness: The Final Week (Voice)
By: Chris Seay, Lauren Winner, Brian McClaren et. al.

Grade: B-
Comments: So this project means well & they do an okay job at refreshing & creatively retelling the story of Jesus last week on earth from the beloved John's perspective. It's kind of part new translation, part commentary via the voice of John and part devotional. Sometimes it tries maybe a little to hard? Great effort, the illustrations are interesting. I would say pick it up if you're interested in a way to have a fresh experience of Jesus' last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment