Wednesday, April 4, 2007



i have just recently come out of a very interesting and strange predicament.

i have been placed in charge of tiling the addition we have recently built onto my boss's house. yeah, a little stressful putting the floor in your boss's house when he himself is an expert oin the subject and you are nothing more than a kid with a tool belt and an unthinkable dream.

well, the other morning at about 8 a.m. in the confusion of my mixing the required quick-setting mortar for the job, i dropped an open bag on myself just as it started to rain and spent the next 46 hours as a statue. just as the mortar was hardening i had the presence of mind to adjust myself into a majestic position becoming of a statue and bowed my legs as though to straddle an invisible horse and threw my right arm in the air as if to swing a sword (because i was unable to move my hand or fingers freely at that point, i am afraid that it came off unintentionally, though decidedly, like a "heil hitler"). luckily, a woodpecker-art-critic started chipping at my face and i was eventually able to resume my work - but now at 6 a.m., 2 hours before i had begun. nothing like getting to work early.

No comments:

Post a Comment