Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter, oh Easter


So Easter is good, right? Except that this year apparently Easter was cancelled in my family because James Cameron went and found the bones of Jesus. Thanks, Jimmy.

But seriously, worship this morning was solid. Got to play guitar at 9:30am, led the band & spoke at 11am. My first Easter speaking appearance. I am still trying to figure out why they let me do it. Easter's for the big dogs, for those who are skilled in the arts of preaching & inspiring, not ordinary ole youthworkers.

The highlights were: (1) getting to sing with Cheryl and (2) reading two Darwin Awards Honorable mentions. In church! He, he, he... Oh, and the whole Jesus providing us with new life because of the resurrection thing. I thought that went without saying.

So pre-noon, things were great.

Then we got home, Cheryl started packing for her trip to NC to visit her fam, which is great, but I was not so looking forward to spending 4 days without her and the Mekster. After solidifying plans a little more we figured out that her best shot of getting on a flight was today at 5:05. Right about now, actually.

So by 2pm she was packed, in the car & pulling away.

And in the meantime we'd heard that Papa was back in the hospital. Why won't those prayers take?

I've already finished one book, read quite a bit of another & am now catching up on reading blogs. Where's the candy and the toys and the baskets and rabbits and fake plastic grass that the dog gets into and then vomits on the carpet?

The perfect soundtrack for all this came up on the iPod: Anathallo's All Creatures of Our God & King, all brass. The French Horn rattles my soul.

In a bit I'll head over & watch the Masters with Rich & eat whatever he's grilling.

"I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die." -Jesus

Thank God for Easter. Making the dead alive & the ordinary extraordinary.

Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment